There is one correct answer for each question. Complete as
many questions as you can. Click the button marked
"Calculate Score". Your recall will be displayed as a percentage.
Please do not go back to the reading text while taking the test.
1. The Titanic was completed at a cost of:
$10 000 000
$20 000 000
$100 000 000
2. The sister ship of the Titanic was:
The White Star
3. Which one of the following is correct?
The Titanic measured 175 feet from keel to funnel
The mass of the Titanic was 48 532 tons
The Titanic was 850 feet long
4. The human capacity of the Titanic was:
2500 passengers and 860 crew
2800 passengers and 430 crew
2200 passengers and 650 crew
5. Each link in the anchor chain weighed:
6. The most expensive suites on the Titanic sold for:
7. The suites were situated:
Forward on the ship
Aft or rear
8. Each reciprocating kind of engine could deliver:
16000 horse power at 175 revolutions per minute
18000 horse power at 165 revolutions per minute
15000 horse power at 75 revolutions per minute
9. Which of the following statements is correct?
All four funnels were connected to the engine room
Three funnels were connected to the engine room and the forth was used to ventilate the ship
Two funnels were connected to the engines and two were connected to the coal furnaces
10. Which statement best describes the boilers on the Titanic?
There were 24 double-end and 5 single-end boilers
The larger boilers had 4 fires under each, the smaller boilers had 2 fires
The boilers were heated by burning oil